Monday, November 17, 2008

UltraMidwest 24 Hour Challenge

431 miles and RAAM qualified! On August 30, 2008, I rode throughout the night to lead me to a 2nd place overall finish in the UltraMidwest 24 Hour Challenge. My crew was my wife, Connie; my son, Chris, and a friend, Eric Furnas. The night was perfect temps even though it was somewhat windy and we had some route issues early on where some individuals messed with the course and changed the course markings. However, I managed to complete my goal which was to ride 425 miles in order to qualify for the Race Across America, which only 900 Americans have ever qualifed for. Race Across America is held every year where individuals ride 3,000+ miles. New in the last year is the Race Across the West (RAW) that RAAM qualified persons can race 1,044 miles in 3 days. I have chosen to do the Race Across the West will be starting on June 18, 2009 and will begin in Oceanside California. There will be more on this ride later.

No comments: